Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Nervous Breakdown? #@$t Happens! So does Karma!

I got up early to start the day with some exercise and decide I should probably iron hubbies shirt. In the meantime a friend calls to see if I can take her daughter to school, "no probs" I say and then my mum phone's; and as we've arranged I'm going to pick her up from the garage while her car is serviced. So I get the kids in the big car (I'm doing the ballet drop off this afternoon) (no exercise has taken place yet) move hubbies stuff into the small car. Pick my mum up and drop her home. Washing machine has stopped on the rinse part of the cycle and won't start no matter how much re-arranging I do! Oh damn it, when my dryer fell down the other day (yes you heard me right- it fell off the wall!) it must have hit the washer (such a miracle no one was in the laundry and got pummeled and there were no dents or dings to be seen on anything???) and has broken the lid lock clip for the rinse cycle so now I'm on the phone to the service guys. Kids are asking me to cut paper for craft, they are still in their PJ's and manage to have a few tiffs too. Finally I get them dressed fed and my three plus one down to the car. We are about ten minutes late at this stage for school. But then the ultimate disaster strikes. My friends daughter walks right through the stinkiest fly ridden dog poop ever, right near the car and right near my front gate! I'd really like to know who let's their dog poop on peoples footpaths anymore? Don't we all carry poop bags in case? There is no way this shoe can go in hubbies car; so the kids get in I take the shoe after wiping on the grass is not successful and try and wash the poop off! This poop is not coming off, the flies are buzzing madly everywhere! I then find an old packet of wipes and get a minute amount off. I've used my super hand wash (no soap or water required) and I'm doing up the four kids seat belts when a woman comes walking past on the road around my car, walking the tiniest of dogs I'm sure her dog is the pooper - why isn't she walking on the footpath, because she knows the poo is there that's why! I bite my tongue (the Karma Chameleon will get her!) and I drive to school with the shoe sitting on the empty wipes bag. I drop the kids to their classes and explain to the teacher why my friend's daughter has to take her shoes off 'cause of the poo and she doesn't want this in her classroom on the carpet. I then have nominated to help in my daughter's reading class. This is chaos as my son climbs the verandah railings and has a melt down while I'm trying to get kids to cut out words from their story and stick them on their worksheets while the wind is blowing them all away! I am now home, I have picked up all the poop off the footpath, my two kids that are home today are now having a barney and it's only 11am and I don't know if I have the energy to exercise?? and then there's the very wet unrinsed and spun washing to deal with and the repair man might not get here till Tuesday! This day can only get better from here on!

No comments: